Are you an introvert or extrovert?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by wegs, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Amen sister! Stircrazy still applies though. I'm not big of watching sports but I could use some NBA highlights every now and then so there is some personal suffering going on.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I also don't enjoy watching the news or the stock market figures so things could be better. Social distancing ain't one of them as you so eloquently put it.

wegs likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I'm an extroverted introvert...Or is that an introverted extrovert?

wegs likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter & Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Aw, yea...there are things I miss, too. I love being social but as we’ve discussed, it’s not how we recharge. I wonder how extroverts are coping. (Being serious) I’ve read that many people struggle with being isolated for too long - we are meant for one another, to bear one another’s burdens, and friendships are part of the human experience.

Seattle likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wegs Matter & Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Nothing about you would have me thinking “introvert.”

8. Seattle Valued Senior Member

There's still email. I sometimes chat with a neighbor who is outside working in the yard as I walk by on my way to the grocery store.

wegs likes this.
  9. wegs Matter & Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

My gym is closed, are you able to go climbing? I'd imagine those gyms are closed, too? Not all gyms around here are closed, but I think it's a smart choice on the part of the owners.

10. Seattle Valued Senior Member

No, the gyms are closed. I cancelled my membership a few weeks before they decided to close. I wasn't climbing much (not enough climbing partners). When they reopen and I want to go back I'll probably just go with a punch card rather than an annual membership unless things change dramatically.

I think it would be very irresponsible for a climbing gym not to temporarily close (even more so than a regular gym) given all the holds that everyone has to touch and how hard it would be to keep them clean.

They tried with a policy to use hand sanitizer when you enter the gym and again when you leave (it was at the front desk).

wegs likes this.
  11. wegs Matter & Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

12. Seattle Valued Senior Member

wegs likes this.
  13. wegs Matter & Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I’m getting there.

Seattle likes this.
  14. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Social experiment

Hypothesis: Introvert/Extrovert theories show part of psychosis of a person unable to adapt to a new environment... blah, blah,.. and those adversely affected would fair less in a zombie apocalypse. And we can wonder if this was the virus instead of small pox -how would it have changed history.