Single, so you must be gay

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mickmeister, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Well one thing for sure this one IS gay:

After years of keeping quiet about his personal life, pop star Ricky Martin has announced that he is gay.
    "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man," Ricky said in a message posted on his offical Web site. "I am very blessed to be who I am."

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/stopthepresses/132331/ricky-martin-i-am-a-fortunate-homosexual-man/

He's also going to write a book about his two twin sons. Were they adopted or did he pull a M. Jackson? :shrug:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

No confidence, bad experiences. I've allowed these things to turn me into this guy. Not quite that bad, but I have pretty much committed social suicide. In the immortal words of Homer Simpson, "I dunno Marge, trying is the first step towards failure."

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

The more liberating incarnation of social suicide is to totally immerse yourself into some sort of task for long periods of time. Seal yourself into a room with no sunlight, and work nonstop.

Whoops...way off topic

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Uh oh

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Yeah, and they're weirdos aren't they.

If you're a 22 year old guy and you've never had a date/genuine sexual encounter, you're an outlier. Nothing wrong with that, but it's unusual and it's likely an indicator of other oddities.

Also, in life, there are time windows for learning certain things. If you were never spoken to from the time you were born until you were one year old, for example, you'll never learn to talk--ever. You have to learn RIGHT THEN, which usually isn't a problem. Also, everyone knows learning foreign languages is easier when you're younger. Well, the same is true about sex. If you're a guy and you wait too long, you'll have difficulty maintaining an erection or making it to climax.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/lifestyle/how-sex-can-be-bad-for-you/story-e6frer4f-1111115054642

Of course, you could wonder if that's the right conclusion of the study. After all, people who have sex late are unusual and might have other oddities which could confound causal connections.

9. sandy Banned Banned

Nope. Fact. If He was ever married it would be in the Bible. It's not.

10. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

Yah I think ideally it would be best to start having sex around the average time... I myself have had sexual encounters, around the average time, but only a few so I guess I'm not a perfect example of the kind of person they're describing. I have my own reasons for this and maybe I'll share my experiences sometime on here if I feel like it. But man... do you think these people really need the added guilt that you pile on top of them by calling them "weirdos" and hinting that there's no hope, especially when the research is as scanty as that article?

11. John99 Banned Banned

thats the F'ng onion. not real stories but made up .

12. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I didn't say they were complete social degenerates. They weren't all virgins or anything they had just never bothered to take a relationship seriously until about age 21-23 or so. So while they may done this and that at this one party or hooked up a few times with this one girl (or many girls in some cases), they still had never had an actual girlfriend. Now I was a bit behind the curve because I had no interest in sexual relationships until after I started college. Then I went kind of crazy and became a teasing man-eater, but while I had dated many guys I didn't have anyone I actual referred to as a boyfriend until I was 20 or 21.

13. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

How do you know the Pope didn't cut it out when he was adding in the part about Mary being a "lady of the night"?

14. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Tell me more about yourself... you interessin'!